Saturday 6 March 2010

I Had a Dream

I’ve never really had ideas come to me within a dream before. Hell, it’s hard enough creating ideas when I’m awake. But this dream was so vivid, and it just grabbed me.

I was standing in a room with TV sets all over the ceiling, walls and floor. And within this dream I was holding a hatchet. Both the hatchet and I were dripping with blood, and I was about to pass through onto the next round of trials.

Thus, Mirror Room was born. I’m really excited about this one. I’ve never written anything like it before, and I’ve never before attempted writing something which is going to be so long. So far it’s outlined to be 80 - 90K words. This is kinda scary. No. This is VERY scary. What if I can’t do it? What if I waste months and months writing and editing something that’s crap?

Oh, well. I won’t know until I try… I don’t even know what genre Mirror Room is. Fantasy? Urban Fantasy? Dystopian? (Is that a genre? XD)

Either way, I can’t really start this until I’ve finished my English coursework for college. Damn it, I only have until Friday to get it finished and handed in otherwise I fail my A-Level -- I don’t want that.

I’m going to outline each chapter and hopefully have the first draft completed in one or two months. I’ll still be finishing Camp Queen, but it will be more of a side project until the first draft for Mirror Room is done.

Until next time,

Nia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment